Founded in 2009, Emerge Oregon is a recruitment and training program for Democratic women who are interested in public office. Our mission is to identify, train, and inspire Democratic women to pursue public and elected office at the local, state and national levels. Emerge Oregon is part of a national network currently working in 29 states and also has a national affiliate, Emerge America. For more information about the entire Emerge America network, please visit www.emergeamerica.org.
We are seeking a highly motivated, politically-savvy, and dynamic self-starter to serve as a full-time Executive Director. This remote office and flex-time position reports to the Emerge Oregon Board of Directors. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: training candidates, fundraising and development, financial management, database management, program promotion and implementation, class recruitment and support, board management, and acting as a resource for program members and alumnae.
The Executive Director organizes and runs the Emerge Oregon training program and is responsible for building and maintaining the organizational infrastructure:
Program & Communications
- Recruit, train, and inspire Democratic women to run for office;
- Execute our flagship 7-month campaign training, including managing all training logistics; scheduling, and preparing trainers;
- Execute other training programs in southern and central Oregon, and boot camps;
- Support and engage Emerge Oregon alumnae to further our mission;
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization;
- Manage all external communication for the organization;
- Represent the organization at coalition meetings and with partner organizations;
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
Fundraising & Administration
- Manage day-to-day operations for the organization;
- Direct all fundraising efforts, with Board involvement, including but not limited to: event management and direct donor solicitation;
- Cultivate and maintain relations with donors;
- Administer the organization’s database;
- Administer and maintain the organization’s corporate records and tax compliance.
- Build and manage relationships with the Board of Directors and oversee all board governance, including scheduling and preparing for board meetings, participating in board recruitment, development, and training, and managing all board committees;
- Develop a vision to advance the organization’s mission to train;
- Ensure that Emerge Oregon is actively participating with our national affiliate, Emerge America;
- Identify opportunities to expand programmatic offerings to support the mission of Emerge Oregon.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required;
- Experience working with or for women political candidates and/or electeds;
- Experience developing a training curriculum and/or training before small/large groups;
- Ability to speak to and demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Non-profit management experience in some of the following functions: boards of directors, staff, budgets, administrative functions, program development and fundraising;
- Passion for and knowledge of women’s political leadership issues and Oregon politics;
- Demonstrated commitment to Democratic values;
- Demonstrated fundraising skills;
- Experience working within and managing fiscally conservative budgets;
- Comfort with public speaking and excellent written and oral communications;
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate;
- Ability to develop trusted and effective working relationships with diverse and multi-cultural constituencies, including boards of directors, staff, donors, volunteers and a diverse array of supporters and stakeholders. This includes the ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with a high degree of tact and discretion;
- A valid driver’s license and insured vehicle – in state travel and limited out of state travel is required.
- $60,000 to $80,000 annual gross salary, dependent upon experience;
- Health care stipend included in salary;
- One-time home office stipend;
- Flex-time and Comp-time;
- Three weeks paid vacation plus federal holidays
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. References should speak to your political experience, interpersonal skills and organizational management.
Open until position filled.